Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stevensville Creamery Festival

Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've posted anything new, so I'm going to make up for it with an onslaught of postings from the last few weeks. I traveled to Missoula, MT, for a week-long workshop at the Rocky Mountain School of Photography. I drove out West in my beloved Subaru, packed to the gills with camping, biking, fishing, rock climbing, and reading equipment. I've gotten to use some of it, but not all.

Our first assignment at the workshop took place at the Stevensville Creamery Festival just south of Missoula. We were given almost no instruction, just turned loose on the crowd and encouraged to capture the essence of the festival in three pictures. I took far more than three, of course, and had plenty to choose from for the first critique. Here are some of my favorites.



The two oldest members of the Bagdad Chapter of Shriners. The man on the left is a former Naval Aviator who earned his wings in 1943 and flew PDY missions in WWII.


These boys seemed to know only one word: "Aargh."


One of the women from the "Clowning Around" division of a female equivalent to the Shriners.


Bob Decker of Vietnam Veterans of America, working the hot dog stand.

No comments: