Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting started.

So this is my second blog. The first one was called Beyond the Wire: Notes of a Former Guardsman. I started the first one with the intent of regularly reporting on foreign policy and domestic issues of particular interest to me, both as a veteran and as a regular citizen. With all of my schoolwork and other assorted time-devouring activities (like surfing the net and playing with my new camera), I just couldn't keep up with my own demands.

I'm starting this second blog with a different objectives in mind: fun, exploration, beauty. I'll post quite a few photos and hopefully figure out how to embed photo slideshows. I'll also use it as a journal during my time in Cairo, and hopefully in perpetuity.

These blogs are such exciting resources for travelers these days, it's really quite remarkable how much distribution we have at our fingertips. We are only limited by our own energies. This time I'm keeping it simple, setting goals I can live up to, writing less and photographing more, at least for now. A picture is worth a thousand words anyway, right?

No comments: